Friday, July 8, 2011

Do You Believe in Miracles - Part III


It had been more than two weeks since my unfortunate incident. Filing FIRs 
and contacting people claiming to track my stolen Xperia X10 Mini Pro were already things of the past. Having lost almost all hopes of holding my beautiful phone again, I had tried drowning my grief in the deluge of work.

It was my hope that time will remain true to its fame and will leave me with
only a vague memory of the brief moments I spent in the glory of my Xperia.

It was one such evening when I was walking back to the bus bay after swiping
out 9.15 hours of my day to the service of my company. Minding my own
business, lost in my own distracted thoughts, contemplating on all matters
under the sun except my Xperia, I had almost reached the bus bay.

Suddenly, a voice broke through my hazy thoughts.
'Madam!'

Now the voice could have been addressing anybody in the milling crowd around
me. But it is an interesting instinct in people to answer to a general
address. And so I looked back to see the origin of the voice.

And I saw a man.

It was clear that he was a staff member. I looked at him questioningly. He
said,
'Madam, aapka phone.'

And just like that, out of the utter blue, I suddenly found my precious
Xperia in my hands!

--Pune, July 8, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment